The film competition--
"We received a staggering number of quality submissions,"
* The Barber's Cut - Mark Brocking (UK)
* Boogey-Woogie - Enrico Conte (Italy)
* Chance - Ryan Wick (US)
* Chateau Sauvignon: Terroir - David Maire (US)
* Drawn to Fear - Daniel Robinette (US)
* In The Ruins - Florian Frerichs (Germany)
* Ma Petite Sophie - Ruebén Bautista (Spain)
* The Package - Eric Morgret (US)
* Quenottes (Pearlies) - Pascal Thiebaux (US)
* Scheherazade- Mehrnoush Aliaghaei (US)
* They Will All Die in Space - Javier Chillon (Spain)
* Three Wise Monkeys - Miguel Angel Font Bisier (Spain)
* Wolves - Alvaro Rodriguez (Spain)
The thirteen selected films will be screened at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas on May 13 and judged by an elite panel of celebrity judges comprised of:
* Daniel Knauf, producer, The Blacklist, Carnivale, and Dracula
* Monica S. Kuebler, managing editor, Rue Morgue magazine
* Mike McCarty, special effects show supervisor at KNB EFX Group
* Mark Miller, vice president, Seraphim Films
* Lisa Morton, president, Horror Writers Association
* John Skipp, screenwriter, A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child
* Aaron Sterns, writer, Wolf Creek: 2
* Ryan Turek, head of development, Blumhouse Productions
Upon conclusion of the screenings--hosted by Tony Timpone, editor of Fangoria Magazine--the judges will award one film/filmmaker the Tredecim Award. The award includes a $1,000 cash prize and an exclusive one-year "first look" deal with Co-Conspiracy Entertainment.
About the Horror Writers Association
The Horror Writers Association is a nonprofit organization of writers and publishing professionals around the world, dedicated to promoting dark literature and the interests of those who write it. The HWA formed in 1985 with the help of many of the field's greats, including Dean Koontz, Robert McCammon, and Joe Lansdale. The HWA is home to the prestigious Bram Stoker Award® and the annual StokerCon horror convention.
For more on the Horror Writers Associations, please visit www.horror.org.