Already receiving high praise as a New York Times Critics’ Pick, the new documentary “Cooper and Hemingway: The True Gen” has been heavily supported by various actors, writers, politicians, and more. The film was released on DVD through Passion River films on September 16.
The praised documentary explores the friendship between renowned actor Gary Cooper and author Ernest Hemingway, two inspirational American icons that have changed society’s culture through their work on paper and on film. It might seem impossible that the 20th century’s best known writer and the tight-lipped, all-American “common man” could develop such a close friendship. Hemingway and Cooper were complete opposites, yet they were friends for over 20 years. The film portrays a unique perspective at the bond between two of the most iconic artists of their time.
The documentary features interviews with legendary actors, historians, and members of the Hemingway family, including:
· KIRK DOUGLAS (Spartacus, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea). One of the American Film Institute’s Greatest Screen Legends in American History
· CHARLTON HESTON, Academy Award Winner, Best Actor (Ben-Hur, The Ten Commandments, Touch of Evil)
· ROBERT OSBORNE, film historian and actor. Host, Turner Classic Movies
· GEORGE PLIMPTON, American Journalist and Founder, The Paris Review
· PATRICIA NEAL, Academy Award Winner, Best Actress (Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Day the Earth Stood Still)
In addition to a wide home video release, “Cooper and Hemingway: The True Gen” will also be available in an educational edition. The film will serve as an ideal teaching tool for university courses on American culture, American history, Media and Films studies, American literature, English, and more.
Passion River specializes in film marketing and DVD distribution for unique documentaries, foreign movies, independent films and special interest titles to retail stores and libraries nationwide. Their non-exclusive film distribution business model allows producers to self-distribute their films as a way to reach major retailers and a wide audience. They also book films and talent for public performances and speaking events on college campuses across the country. For more information about their new films and events, please visit: www.passionriver.com